Thank you for accepting the training consultant position within your service unit. This page is your resource guide for your role as a training consultant. In this page you will find valuable information about your primary responsibilities as a training consultant.
Take a closer look at the Role of the Training Consultant by clicking here
As a training consultant, you will be the principal source for educating volunteers within your service unit on the required trainings offered in Girl Scouts of Western Ohio. All appointed volunteers must complete two required trainings within six months of their appointment. The two required trainings include Girl Scout Fundamentals and position training. Girl Scouts of Western Ohio recommends the following training sequence to help our volunteers best prepare themselves for their work with girls.
Although volunteers have six months to complete trainings, it is highly recommended that training is completed within the first six weeks after appointment.
You can do this by:
- Providing information on when training events are occurring.
- Promoting enrichment training opportunities. Enrichment trainings are short non-required training opportunities that can be requested by a service unit. Girl Scout of Western Ohio offers adult volunteers a variety of enrichment opportunities.
As the training consultant you will work with all members of the service team
Three Major Roles of the Training Consultant
Provide learning experiences that prepare volunteers to successfully implement the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Facilitate opportunities for volunteers.
- Assess the training needs of volunteers and provide for those needs.
Facilitate the Girl Scouts Fundamentals course at the New Leader Orientation Event, or at other times during the year.
- Ensure complete required training for volunteers within the service unit
- Ensure that leaders and co-leaders complete the two required trainings.
Communicate with volunteers about the training policy, their status and the value of knowing the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and how to implement the program with girls.
- Work with the service team
- Collaborate with the service team.
- Communicate regularily with all members of the service team.
- Discuss training opportunities and needs at your service unit meeting.