As a Girl Scout volunteer, you’ll add meaning to girls’ lives and to your own as well. By giving your time and talent, you make it possible for girls to build character and skills for success in the real world. No matter what your interests, age or amount of time you can offer, Girl Scouts needs your help!
Whatever volunteer opportunity you choose, you’ll be making a lasting impact on the lives of young girls and in your community. There are so many flexible ways to participate – you can volunteer in short-term or year-round positions; you can work directly with girls or volunteer with adults. No matter what your interest, we have a volunteer position for you. Girl Scouts will provide you the training and support you need to ensure you have an understanding of the Girl Scout Leadership experience and are a successful volunteer.
Sample Volunteer Positions
- Troop Leader / Assistant Leader: Partner with girls who meet regularly as they share amazing experiences and make a difference in their community and the world.
- Series: Love the environment? Building a business? Like marine biology? Meet with girls 6 to 8 times sharing your passion and knowledge in a way that fits your schedule.
- Events: Have high energy but limited availability? Choose your favorite topics, and help girls unleash their potential.
- Camp: Share your appreciation of nature, hiking, biking or canoeing. You can volunteer by day or overnight.
- Service Unit: One year commitment as an administrative volunteer to a community of Girl Scouts, working with adult Girl Scout leaders. Positions include: recruiter, registrar, training or program consultant, product sales consultant, family partnership and communications consultant.
For more detailed description of volunteer opportunities working directly with girls click here. If you prefer working with adults, please click here for more details regarding these opportunities, or contact us for positions volunteering directly with our council.
Ready to volunteer now?
Click here to get started by completing the volunteer application and background check.