100th Anniversary Resources
Once a Girl Scout, Always a Girl Scout
Since 1912, Girl Scouts has continued to positively influence the lives of girls and women by providing tools and resources to be successful leaders now and throughout their lives. Whether you are one of the 50 million women who were Girl Scouts (including Girl Scout Daisies and Brownies), an adult volunteer dedicated to delivering the Girl Scout program or a staff member who worked at the national or local level to help Girl Scouts reach their full potential, you are forever connected to the rich and vibrant Girl Scout Movement.
During the 100th Anniversary of Girl Scouting, many alumnae are planning reunions or events to reminisce and celebrate their experiences as Girl Scouts. The following are resources available to be checked out from your regional l Girl Scout Center to help your reunion, event or activity be a huge success!
Check Out/Check In procedure for kits
- Contact the regional Girl Scout Center front desk to ensure the kit you are interested is/will be available.
- Sign out the kits through the front desk by filling out the sign-out sheet.
- Kits may be checked out for three weeks at a time.
- Check that the inventory is all present before checking the kits back in.
- Kits should be checked back in through the front desk at your regional l Girl Scout Center.
Uniform Kits (Three available)
Kits include uniforms from different decades of Girl Scouts which may be worn. Uniforms that may be in the kits include:
- 1948 Intermediate dress
- 1960 Girl Scout Senior dress top, jacket and skirt
- 1963 Girl Scout Junior dress
- 1968 Adult dress
- 1972 Adult tunic, pants, skirt and blouse
- 1973 Girl Scout Brownie jumper, blouse, pants, shorts and knit top
- 1973 Girl Scout Junior jumper, blouse, pants, shorts and body suit
- 1978 Adult jacket, pants, skirt, vest, sweater and blouse
- 1981 Adult skirt, pants, and blouse
- 1984 Adult dress
- 1985 Girl Scout Junior skirt, pants, shorts, blouse and polo shirt
- 1986 Girl Scout Brownie jumper, blouse, pants, shorts and polo shirt
Display Kit (One available)
Kit includes uniforms from different decades of Girl Scouts which may not be worn (display only). Uniforms that may be in the kit include: TBA – check back for updates
Travel Kits (Two available)
Kits include representative uniforms, books and pictures for study and display only. You may find the following in your kit:
- Selected uniforms
- Old Girl Scout handbooks
- National Highlights (organizational milestones for the years that new materials were written and new uniforms were introduced)
- Photographs and documents (historic pictures and written materials with commentary)