2014 Camp Registration opens at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, January 29, 2014. (for all camp opportunities EXCEPT Troop Adventure Camp)
Girl Scouts of Western Ohio has worked hard to offer summer camp opportunities at the lowest possible rates. We have been able to maintain fundraising efforts and minimize expenses in an effort to offer camp opportunities to girls at about half the actual cost.
Girl Scout members: eBiz online summer camp registration is the best option for registering for camp and is available for both current members and those girls who wish to become members in order to pay the member price. Online registration opens at midnight (see below for dates) and offers first-come first-served, real-time registration with no paperwork delays!
Non-Girl Scout members: Non-Girl Scouts may attend camp for an additional $150 surcharge to the camp registration fee ($150 reflects a portion of the Girl Scout subsidy). Non-Girl Scouts who wish to become Girl Scouts may register online through eBiz. Girl Scout membership is a separate transaction and must be completed prior to registering for camp.
Financial assistance is available to registered Girl Scouts wanting to attend camp, based on financial need. All campers must pay the $30 deposit and some portion of the program fee. Financial assistance exists to ensure girls have access to camp. Don’t let cost be a barrier to your daughter attending camp. There is support available.
Campers using the eBiz online registration should submit a paper financial assistance form after successfully completing their online camp registration.
Registration Procedures - How to Register for Camp
Many camps fill quickly. You are encouraged to use the eBiz online registration
for real-time registration and to check availability in your chosen camp session. Prior to opening of registration, please go to eBiz, activate your account and register your daughter as a member, if need be. Directions can be found on the welcome page.
Registration opens January 29, 2014, for all camp programs excluding Troop Adventure Camp (TAC). TAC registration opens February 26, 2014, (online registration is not available for TAC).
- Registrations may be submitted online in eBiz , faxed or mailed to Girl Scouts of Western Ohio, 4930 Cornell Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45242; or walked in to any regional Girl Scout Center.
- If submitting a paper form, please submit one form per camper, per camp program opportunity.
- Each camp registration requires a $30 non-refundable deposit per camp/per camper, or payment in full for camps that cost less than $30.
- Each TAC registration fee must be accompanied with a $10 non-refundable deposit per girl and adult not required to meet ratio.
- Any adult attending TAC who is not required to fulfill Girl Scout adult-to-girl ratios must pay the full cost.
To comply with auditing practices, checks, cash and credit cards will be processed immediately upon receipt of the paper registration form. This does not guarantee registration. (Note: Online registration guarantees immediate placement depending on availability.)
To view and pay the balance due, log into eBiz. The balance due can be paid by credit card or by cash, check or “Cookie Dough” by mail, or delivered in person to a regional service center. The balance of all camps must be paid IN FULL by May 23, 2014.
To ensure fair and timely registration of all campers, registrations submitted without the appropriate forms completed and/or proper fee included will not be accepted and will be returned. If the balance is not paid by May 23, 2014, your reservation will be cancelled and your deposit forfeited. Each camp registration form submitted on or after May 23, 2014, must include payment in full for each camp program.
Refunds and Cancellation Policy
Deposits are nonrefundable unless the desired program opportunity is full or has been cancelled. The cancellation deadline is one month (30 days) prior to session date. In order to receive a refund all requests must be received in writing 30 days prior to the session date. Cancellations made prior to the deadline are subject to the following fees:
- Resident Camp/Day Camp/Me & My Gal: The $30 deposit is non-refundable
- TAC: The $10 deposit per participant is nonrefundable.
- One Day Events costing less than $30: A $10 per participant cancellation fee will be charged.
Cancellations made after the deadline date (30 days prior to the session date) will not be eligible for a refund except for reasons listed below. Written refund requests for the balance of the fee must be submitted within two weeks of the end of the camp program and will be considered for the following reasons:
- Serious illness or accident (with a physician statement).
- Death in the immediate family.
- Camper moves from the Girls Scouts of Western Ohio service area before camp begins.
- Other refunds will be considered on a case by case basis prior to camp if notification is given on or before the cancellation date.