2013 Camp Registration opens at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, January 30, 2013. (for all camp opportunities EXCEPT Troop Adventure Camp)
Get Ready For Opening Day!
In order to be best prepared to hop on the computer and register for camp on January 30 and secure the spots that you want please do the following in eBiz
PRIOR to opening of registration:
- ensure that your daughter's account is activated
- make sure that your daughter is a currently registered Girl Scout for the 2012-2013 membership year (non-Girl Scouts may not register online and are required to pay an addition $150). If she is not registered you may do so through eBiz.
Directions can be found on the Welcome page for both account activation and registering as a Girl Scout member.
Girl Scouts of Western Ohio has worked hard to offer summer camp opportunities at the lowest possible rates. We have been able to maintain fundraising efforts and minimize expenses in an effort to offer camp opportunities to girls at about half the actual cost.
- Girl Scout members: eBiz online summer camp registration is the best option for registering for camp and is available this year for both current members and those girl who wish to become members in order to pay the member price. Online registration opens at midnight and offers first-come first-served real-time registration with no paperwork delays!
- Non-Girl Scout members: Non-Girl Scouts may attend camp for an additional $150 surcharge to the camp registration fee ($150 reflects a portion of the Girl Scout subsidy). Non-Girl Scouts who wish to become Girl Scouts may register online through eBiz. Girl Scout membership is a separate transaction and must be completed prior to registering for camp.
Registering For Camp
Many camps fill quickly. You are encouraged to use the eBiz online registration for real-time registration and to check availability in your chosen camp session.
Prior to opening of registration please go to eBiz and activate your daughter's account and register her as a member if need be. Directions can be found on the Welcome page.
Registration opens January 30, 2013
for all camp programs excluding Troop Adventure Camp (TAC). TAC registration opens February 27, 2013
(online registration is not available for TAC).
- Registrations may be submitted online in eBiz (best option), or faxed or mailed to Girl Scouts of Western Ohio, 4930 Cornell Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45242; or walked in to any regional Girl Scout center.
- If submitting a paper form, please submit one form per camper per camp program opportunity.
- Each camp registration requires a $30 non-refundable deposit per camp/per camper, or payment in full for camps that cost less than $30. Online registration requires payment by credit card through PayPal. Registration by paper form allows payment in the form of cash, check, credit card, or “Cookie Dough.”
- Each TAC registration fee must be accompanied with a $10 non-refundable deposit per girl and adult not required to meet ratio.
- Any adult attending TAC who is not required to fulfill Girl Scout adult-to-girl ratios must pay the full cost.
To comply with auditing practices, checks, cash, and credit cards will be processed immediately upon receipt of the paper registration form. This does not guarantee registration. (Note: Online registration guarantees immediate placement depending on availability.)
Download Paper Registration Forms here:
Financial assistance is available to registered Girl Scouts wanting to attend camp, based on financial need. All campers must pay the $30 deposit and some portion of the program fee. Financial assistance exists to ensure girls have access to camp. Don’t let the cost be the barrier to your daughter attending camp. There is support available.
Campers using eBiz online registration should submit a paper financial assistance form after successfully completing their online camp registration.
A balance due letter will be sent to campers with the confirmation letter. The balance of the camp fee can be paid by credit card through eBiz online registration or by cash, check, or “Cookie Dough” by mail or walk in to a regional service center. The balance of all camps must be paid IN FULL by May 24, 2013.
To ensure fair and timely registration of all campers, registrations submitted without the appropriate forms completed and/or proper fee included will not be accepted and will be returned. If the balance is not paid by May 24, 2013, your reservation will be cancelled and your deposit forfeited. Each camp registration form submitted on or after May 24, 2013 must include payment in full for each camp program.
Refunds and Cancellation Policy
Deposits are nonrefundable unless the desired program opportunity is full or has been cancelled. The cancellation deadline is one month (30 days) prior to session date. In order to receive a refund all requests must be received in writing 30 days prior to the session date. Cancellations made prior to the deadline are subject to the following fees:
- Resident Camp/Day Camp/Me & My Gal: the $30 deposit is non-refundable
- TAC: the $10 deposit per participant is non-refundable.
- Special Opportunities costing less than $30, a $10 per participant cancellation fee will be charged.
Cancellations made after the deadline date (30 days prior to the session date) will not be eligible for a refund except for reasons listed below. Written refund requests for the balance of the fee must be submitted within two weeks of the end of the camp program and will be considered for the following reasons:
- Serious illness or accident (with a physician statement)
- Death in the immediate family
- Camper moves from the Girls Scouts of Western Ohio service area before camp begins
Other refunds will be considered on a case by case basis prior to camp if notification is given on or before the cancellation date.