Home > Cookies & Nuts > Cookies > Financial Procedures

Financial Procedures

Credit Card Information
For the 2014 Cookie Sale, Girl Scouts of Western Ohio troops participating in cookie booths will be permitted to accept credit/debit cards as payment for the sale of cookies at booths. Troops opting to accept credit/debit cards at cookie booths will have to set up a merchant account with an outside processor.

Please keep in mind that using any credit card processor involves fees and troops should evaluate those fees prior to making a decision regarding credit/debit card sales. Troops will be responsible for the setup, tracking and fees related to their merchant account.
Here are a few popular outside processor companies: please note Girl Scouts of Western Ohio is not promoting the use of these processors but simply stating some of the popular options available to troops.
We have also put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions for you to think about when researching and selecting a credit card processor.
Deposit Tickets
Deposit tickets have been specially prepared for each troop. You will receive these at your cookie delivery or your service unit cookie consultant will distribute them.

Do not use another troop’s deposit ticket or one from the counter at the bank. You must use the special deposit ticket prepared for your troop. If you require additional deposit tickets, please contact your regional product sales manager at least four days before the money is due.
Making Your Deposit(s)
For your troop’s safety, all checks should be deposited into the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio bank account. All checks should be made payable to Girl Scouts of Western Ohio.
  • Count all money turned in. Give a signed receipt every time money is turned in.
  • Remove your troop proceeds and deposit into your troop account.
  • Fill out your deposit ticket. Double check for accuracy. Take your deposit to the bank listed below for your region.
Lima Region—Chase Bank 
Dayton Region— PNC Bank
Cincinnati Region—PNC Bank  
Toledo Region—PNC Bank
  • ​Only deposit the amount your troop owes into the council’s bank account. You should deposit all personal checks received into the council account. This relieves the troop from the risk of a bad check. (Note:  If you overpay the council, refund checks may take up to 10 weeks to receive and will not be issued if the troop’s final report envelope was not completed and turned in on time).
  • After making your deposit, ask for two (2) copies of the receipt. Keep one for your troop records and place one in your troop’s final report envelope. This is the only way to prove your troop has paid for the product.
Troop Request for Collection Assistance
If you have a parent who is delinquent in paying, you must complete the Request for Collection Assistance Form. You must attach the signed parent permission slip to the completed form and be sure to include any signed receipts showing proof of product pick up. Put these in your troop’s final report envelope. Do not pay the past due amount with troop proceeds.Pay your troop first. Note: If the Collection Assistance form with permission slip and signed parent receipts are not turned in with the final paperwork, the troop manager will be held accountable for the delinquent funds. Even if the delinquent parent promises to pay within a few days, you must turn in a Request for Collection Assistance form.

Troop Direct Deposit Worksheet-GSWO 2013.docx